Rate this job
5 - 10 years
Keywords / Skills
• System Administrator
• Hardware Engineer
• Technical Support Engineer
• Banking/ Financial Services
• IT/ Computers - Hardware
• IT/ Computers - Software
5th Jul 2012
Job Ref code
|This job has been expired..
Sciente International is a member of Sciente Group with a mission to delight the clients and community.
We are a specialist firm in Business Technology Talent Search and Recruitment Solutions within global capital markets, banking (retail, corporate & private), insurance and telecom industries. Business Technology is our specialty.
We provide managed services (Retained search, Rapid Team Formation & Recruitment Process Outsourcing) and contingent (Permanent & Contract) recruitment services.
Our team has decades of hands-on technology experience and industry expertise. And we operate ethically with honesty, transparency & integrity. These are some of the reasons why large multi-national companies rely on us to search the Business Technology talent and we are trusted by talented candidates to represent them.
Please visit www.sciente.com to know more about us.
Sciente International: Our client is a leading bank providing global banking and financial services. They are looking for a candidate for Storage Administration who will be responsible for the setting up and maintainance of the storage infrastructure in APAC.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment within investment banking;
- At least 5+ years of experience with Storage-Backup Infrastructure administration;
- Technical expertise in any of these two areas: SRDF Data Replication, EMC Storage Management Software Tools, SAN/NAS/CAS Administration, LTO, TSM, Networker and Netbackup;
- Good experience in providing high quality service delivery, optimizing infrastructure set-up and fault resilient infrastructure;
- Experience in working with different teams, escalation of problems, track and proactively manage incidents, proper documentation, good procedures/controls and monitoring;
- Understanding of industry best practices, procedures and IT controls for APAC.
- Ability to speak French;
- ITIL Certification.
The role responsibilities will cover the following:
Services & System Deployment:
- Set up & maintain IT infrastructure architecture in APAC;
- Enterprise disk storage management – EMC disk subsystem;
- Capacity planning & upgrade;
- Storage Configuration & customisation, Disk/ Assignment & Storage Usage Control;
- Enterprise tape system management – IBM LTO/TSM,Netbackup, Networker tape system in APAC;
- Backup policy strategy, standard & local regulatory compliancy;
- Centralised Tape backup archiving on-site and off-site storage;
- Corporate Tape Library infrastructure setup. Configure New backup Clients;
- TSM/Netbackup/Networker Library Administration;
- Setup new system infrastructure environments to host the IT regional applications.
Maintenance & Support:
- Provide Incident troubleshooting and support for the Storage and Backup infrastructure (shift work from 7:00 to 21:00 with possible night calls);
- Infrastructure technology upgrade;
- Systems backup & restore strategy;
- System’s performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning;
- System’s problem management and recovery;
- Vendors’ maintenance contract coverage;
- Maintain and participate regional DR drills.
Should you be interested in the above mentioned position, please send your updated resume to email@example.com. Confidentiality is assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.